Project EASE

AMP’s Project EASE (Energy Assistance Through Supportive Efforts) provides short-term emergency assistance to residential customers who are unable to pay their electric bill and/or are at risk of having their power turned off.

Household Eligibility

Eligibility for Project EASE is based on the customer’s gross income level and household size. The chart below will help you determine if you qualify.

Household SizeMonthly IncomeAnnual Income

To receive short-term assistance, you must have received a “notification of overdue payment” from AMP. Required documentation may include the following:

  • CalFresh (food stamps)
  • CalWorks (cash aid)
  • General Assistance
  • Individual Retirement Account (IRA)/annuities
  • Retirement/Pension
  • Spousal/Child Support
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)/Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Unemployment Compensation
  • Veteran’s Benefits
  • W-2s 
  • Wages and/or income from self-employment
  • Worker’s Compensation

  • You will also need to show proof of identification for all adults, and children under the age of 18, who are living in the house full time. 
  • Driver’s license must show service address or you will be required to submit a lease agreement, mortgage statement or property title.
  • Note: Customers who are already receiving the 25% discount under EAP no longer qualify for Project EASE assistance.

How to Apply

Online: Click here to complete and submit the Project EASE online application form.