AMP’s transformer art wrap program allows decorative wraps to be applied to electric utility equipment in the city of Alameda. Wrapper transformers in decorative wraps can help deter graffiti while enhancing the aesthetics of the surrounding area.
- Current AMP residential customers
- Current AMP non-residential customers
- Developers working on a current project within the city of Alameda
Costs to Participate
- $700 - $2,500 for the installation of the artwork: The requesting customer is responsible for funding the installation of the artwork, which is typically between $700 and $2,500, depending upon transformer location, size, and other factors. Customer is responsible for contracting with a professional wrap vendor.
- $750 non-refundable fee: The requesting customer will be invoiced by AMP a non-refundable fee of $750 to cover the initial cleaning of the transformer, costs of any graffiti removal, the removal of the artwork when it has exhausted its life, and any required restoration of the transformer (e.g., sanding, repainting) after the artwork is removed.