Public Power Week 2021: Coloring Contest
In honor of Public Power Week 2021, your community-owned electric utility is hosting a coloring contest on the topic of electric vehicles!
Alameda Municipal Power’s “Driving Electric Vehicles into Alameda’s Future” contest is part of a celebration of the benefits of community‐owned power in Alameda. The contest is designed to engage the public with their community‐owned utility and encourage the purchase or use of electric vehicles.
The following rules apply to contest participants:
- Winning entries will be judged by a local artist.
- AMP owns the artwork and descriptions submitted for the content. AMP has the right to use the artwork and descriptions on the AMP Facebook page, AMP Twitter page, AMP website, AMP’s customer newsletter, an AMP coloring book and in other marketing materials.
- Parents or guardians of participants under the age of 18 will need to fill out a consent form allowing AMP to use the participant’s name, age, school and artwork in AMP marketing channels.
- Consent Form: Download the consent form for your child here.
How to Participate
- The contest is open to Alameda children in grades K-8. Submissions will be accepted through October 31, 2021.
- The theme: Driving Electric Vehicles into Alameda's Future. Include one or more electric vehicles in your drawing. What does the electric vehicle of the future look like to you? What do you think Alameda will look like in the future?
- Contestants will draw the picture on a standard 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper. Take a photo of the drawing and email a jpg file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the student’s name, age and elementary school, and the contact information for the parent. Download the consent form for your child here and attach it to your email.
- Drawings will be published in AMP's marketing and communications channels, including a coloring book.
- The judge will rank submissions of first, second and third place for each category. Here are the categories: Grades K-1, grades 2-3, grades 4-5, grades 6-8
- Have fun and good luck!