WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR INSTALLATION
As part of the Energy inView program, AMP will provide each customer with a new smart meter.
- In advance of receiving your upgraded meter, you will receive a letter in the mail.
- Our meter installation contractor, Professional Meters, Inc. (PMI), will attempt to notify you by knocking on your door before exchanging your meter.
- You don’t need to make an appointment or take any action to receive your upgraded meter.
- If your electric meter is located outside, you do not need to be present when the meter is replaced.
What to Expect On Installation Day
- The meter-upgrade process is expected to take 15 minutes or less.
- You will experience a brief interruption of your electric service during the exchange. You may need to reset some digital devices afterward.
- You will receive a door hanger to notify you if your meter was successfully exchanged or if another attempt needs to be made.
How to Recognize Our Meter Installers
- All installers will wear AMP identification badges and have a letter from AMP that they can present to you.
- They will be in PMI uniforms and have their company logo on their vehicles.
- See below for an example of a PMI vehicle and meter installer in uniform.