At a Glance
- Alameda Municipal Power offers rebates to help your business replace old HVAC systems with new, high-efficiency units, as well as other energy savings upgrades.
- Installing an efficient HVAC system can save you up to 35% in system energy costs.
- Rebates are available for cooling equipment, reflective window film, and variable-frequency drives.
- The rebate is 50% of the difference in cost between the required minimum efficiency from the California Energy Commission’s 2016 Appliance Efficiency Regulations and the high efficiency equipment.
- The efficiency rating must be consistent with the January 2016 Consortium for Energy Efficiency tiered levels.
- Other HVAC efficiency ratings may qualify for AMP’s Commercial Customized Program.
Reflective Window Film
- The rebate is based upon the first year energy savings at a rate of $0.11/kWh
- Rebates are not available for windows with a northern exposure
Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- The rebate rate is $80/controlled horsepower
- VFD must be applied to HVAC supply or return air fans; and the throttling devices, such as inlet vanes, bypass dampers, and throttling valves must be removed or permanently disabled.
- Applicants must have a valid AMP account and projects must be installed on the account listed on the application form.
- All equipment must be new; used or rebuilt equipment does not qualify.
- Projects that require Title 24 qualify for AMP’s Commercial New Construction Program.
- Submit equipment specifications and costs with the rebate application, which must have the customer’s original signature.
- All projects must have a pre and post installation inspection by AMP.
- To qualify for an AMP rebate you must have approval from AMP before you start the project
- AMP reserves the right to withhold funding for projects that do not meet technical requirements; and in no case will AMP rebate more than 100% of the actual nontaxed project cost.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted
- AMP reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program without prior notice at its discretion.
For More Information
For more information on this program, call 510-814-6415, or Email email@example.com