Alameda Municipal Power is pleased to offer its commercial and industrial customers the opportunity to invest in and purchase additional renewable energy through Alameda Green. Businesses can choose Alameda Green for as little as $20 per month. This additional amount is added to your monthly electricity bill as a separate line item for easy accounting.
Why Choose Alameda Green?
It's Easy. Signing up for Alameda Green requires no changes to your facilities and is as easy as giving us a call at (510) 748-3900 or emailing email@example.com.
Alameda Municipal Power is a Trusted Vendor. You already do business with Alameda Municipal Power, the municipal electric utility serving the City of Alameda.
Qualify for National Recognition Programs. Buy the stated minimum amount of Alameda Green and receive national recognition by the U.S. EPA's Green Power Partnership. Purchases also qualify for the U.S. Green Business Council's Energy & Atmosphere Green Power Credit for LEED certification.
Get Local Recognition. Green power commitments provide an exciting and compelling message that should be told to employees, customers, and the community. The public recognition benefits of participation in Alameda Green depend on the amount of renewable energy you decide to purchase. Please contact a customer service representative for details.
Green-e Energy Certified.
Alameda Green is certified by an independent, nonprofit organization, Green-e Energy. Green-e Energy certification ensures the highest quality and customer protection for renewable energy purchases.
How Much Does it Cost For a Small Business to Participate?
- You pay a little more on your utility bill (two pennies extra per kilowatt hour) to match your monthly electric use with renewable energy. The additional monthly cost to participate is only about $30 for the average Alameda small business; it’s a small price for a big environmental impact.
- Small businesses may also purchase multiple 1,000 kilowatt-hour blocks of renewable energy at $20 dollars per block.
- Click here to find out how to enroll your small business in Alameda Green.
How Much Does it Cost For a Large Business to Participate?
- The cost for large businesses is $20 per 1,000 kilowatt-hour block of renewable energy.
- Large businesses may purchase as many blocks as desired to match all or part of their energy use.
- For example a business using 50,000 kWh a month, would pay an additional $1,000 on their bill each month to assure that all their energy use was from renewable energy sources.
- Discounts may be available for very large volume sales.
- Please contact your key account representative for details.
To learn more about Alameda Green and the local and national and recognition that can accompany a renewable energy purchase, contact the Alameda Green program manager, at (510) 814-6415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org