Residential customers may choose not to participate in Alameda Municipal Power’s Energy inView Program, and retain their current meter.
However, if you do choose to opt out, you should understand that no Energy inView Program services (including online bill pay and paperless billing) will be available to you.
- The option is only available to D1 residential customers that have accessible electric metering and do not receive service under Rider NEM, Rider ERG or Supplemental Schedule EV-X.
- Residential customers have the option to decline the installation of a smart meter until the end of calendar year 2019
ADDITIONAL FEES AND CHARGES
If you opt out of the Energy inView Program all charges and provisions of the Rate Schedule D1 shall apply, with the addition of the following:
Initial Fee: $125.00 (nonrefundable)
Monthly Fee: $10.00
- Opt-out fees and charges will be applicable following scheduled meter exchange or upon program enrollment.
- Opt-out fees and charges shall be reviewed annually as part of Alameda Municipal Power’s normal rate review process
- Opt-Out customers must ensure that AMP staff will have always have physcial access to their current meter; failure to do so will result in additional fees or AMP may upgrade the existing meter to a smart meter.
BILLING AND RATES
- Opt-Out customers will not be eligible for Time-of-Use rates.
- Opt-Out customers may cancel participation in this option at any time without penalty.
- AMP may remove an Opt-Out Customer from participating in this option if they do not keep their account in good standing
Please download, print, fill out and mail the Opt-Out Form to the following address:
Energy inView Program – OPT OUT
Alameda Municipal Power
2000 Grand Street
Alameda, CA 94501