The Medical Discount Program
To reduce the impact of higher electricity costs resulting from operating critical health maintenance equipment, AMP offers a 10% medical discount (not including State or Local Taxes).
- Service address must be the applicant's year round primary residence.
- Applicant must be dependent upon a life-support device or a paraplegic, hemiplegic, or be quadriplegic, a multiple sclerosis patient or a scleroderma patient requiring additional space heating or air conditioning.
- Other medical conditions may be eligible and will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Customers participating in the energy assistance program (EAP) are not eligible for the medical discount.
- A completed medical application must be submitted with a dated letter from the applicant’s doctor (on the doctor’s letterhead) stating the patient's name, disability and need for special life-support or health maintenance equipment.
- The application form is available by clicking the link below, or by calling 748-3900.