Get up to a $3,000 rebate on an electric vehicle charging station.
How It Works
- Buy and install a new level 2 electric vehicle charging station
- Take a photo of the receipt or paid invoice.
- Take a photo of your installed EV charging stations
- Fill out online application.
- Send email with application and photo attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer must be a non-residential AMP customer
- Charger must be installed in Alameda
- Effective date of this program is October 16, 2017. (Only purchases made on or after the start date are eligible.
- The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.
- Qualifying level 2 (240-volt) charger must be: new and unused; certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); ETL Listed; or approved by the City of Alameda Building Department.
- Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, or received from warranty insurance claims are not eligible for rebates under this program.
- The level 2 charger must be wall or pedestal-mounted and installed by a licensed contractor.
Permits and Installation
- Installing a level 2 charger requires a permit from the City of Alameda.
- Customers or contractors can apply at the Permit Center Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 3:00pm.
- Customer is solely responsible for installation of all rebated products to the manufacturer’s specification.
Terms and Conditions
- The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed pre-tax purchase price.
- Grant funds received that are dedicated to the equipment purchase are to be treated like a discount, or coupon, and should be subtracted from the purchase price and documentation of the grant is required.
- However, if a grant can be used towards the installation costs, AMP does not view these funds as a discount for the purposes of this equipment-only rebate.
- AMP disclaims any and all liability, loss, or damage that may arise as a result of the applicant’s participation in this program.
- Customer agrees that all credits allowed by the State of California’s Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) credits program are the property of and belong to AMP. Customer agrees not to take any actions to generate such credits to its account. Customer further agrees to assign any such credits to AMP.