Public Utilities Board Regular Meeting Agenda - May 15, 2017
May 15, 2017 at 7:00 P.M.
Alameda Municipal Power Service Center
2000 Grand Street (Corner of Grand Street and Clement Avenue)
Alameda, California 94501
2. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – NON AGENDA (Public Comment)
Members of the public are invited to address the Board on any subject related to the activities of Alameda Municipal Power not otherwise appearing on the Agenda.
3. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
4. CONSENT CALENDAR
Consent Calendar items are considered routine and will be enacted, approved or adopted by one motion unless a request for removal for discussion or explanation is received from the Board or a member of the public:
E. By Resolution, Authorize the General Manager to Sole Source a Professional Services Agreement with 3Degrees Inc. for a Voluntary Retail Renewable Energy Program Based on Direct Program Costs and Related Overhead with No Cost Shifting to Non Participants – Requires Four-Fifths Vote
F. Motion, Authorize the General Manager to Amend the Current Agreement PS 07-15-02 with Green Team Energy Services, now CLEAResult, by three years and $426,000 for a Total Amount not to Exceed $565,008
H. By Motion, Approve Amendment No. 1 for the Sale of Three Additional Megawatts of Non-Flexible Excess Bay Area Local Resource Adequacy Capacity from July through December 2017 To The Exelon Generation Company LLC (aka Constellation Energy)
I .By Resolution, Approve Funding for a New Utility Distribution Automation Analyst Position, Recommend City Council Establish a New Position: Utility Distribution Automation Analyst, and Amend the Salary Schedule of the Electric Utility Professionals of Alameda (EUPA)
B. By Motion, Adopt Rider ERG for FY 2018, to be Effective on July 1, 2017, Including the ERG Credit Rate Calculated for FY 2018 of $0.06447 Per kWh for Excess Renewable Energy Received by AMP from Customers Enrolled in the ERG Program
6. GENERAL MANAGER'S REPORT
7. COUNCIL COMMUNICATIONS
8. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
9. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – NON AGENDA (Public Comment)
- Each member of the public who wishes to speak is afforded up to 5 minutes per agenda item, which may be increased or limited by the presiding officer.
- Sign language interpreters will be available on request. Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting to request an interpreter.
- Accessible seating for persons with disability (including those using wheelchairs) is available.
- Minutes of the meeting are available in enlarged print.
- Audiotapes of the meeting are available upon request.
- Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to request agenda materials in an alternative format, or any other reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in and enjoy the benefits of the meeting.
Documents related to this agenda are available for public inspection and copying at Alameda Municipal Power’s Service Center – 2000 Grand Street Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City of Alameda exist to conduct the citizen of Alameda’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT A VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE OPEN GOVERNMENT COMMISSION: : the address is 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Room 380, Alameda, CA, 94501; phone number is 510-747-4800; fax number is 510-865-4048, e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org; and contact is Lara Weisiger, City Clerk.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
[Sec. 2-91.13 (d) - Sunshine Ordinance]